Supertramp wrote:

> 1. I am typically using square album artwork (600x600, 800x800) which
> works very fine both in the left-down corner (currently playing album)
> as well as on the right-hand side where the artist's albums are shown.
> For ripped DVDs or Blurays, I use rectangular artwork (e.g. 626x800)
> which shows in the left-down corner with black lines on the left and
> right side (a bit like letterbox on your TV but then vertically). On the
> right-hand side these covers look fine though.

That sounds like your server doesn't scale the images, maybe due to the
size? Which server version is this and on what kind of machine?
iPeng requests the images with transparent background and this works
fine for me for DVD covers, too.

> 2. Prior to iPeng HD, I have used Logitech's app which - when you select
> a title to play next - automatically cross-fades the tracks without
> having to enable cross-fade in the SBT settings. This is quite nice if
> you have friends over and you determine your "playlist" on the fly.

You are talking about the Logitech Squeezebox Controller App???? It
doesn't do that for me and I would have no idea how it should. There is
no way I know of to do this with a Squeezebox.
For me, Logitech's App just inserts the track after the current one if
you select "Play next" and does nothing else. No change in cross fade.

JeremyPayne wrote:
> It is WEIRD.  The iPeng initiated server switch to the numeric IP leaves
> the radio in a strange state.  If it is powered off to start, it appears
> to remain powered off even after starting to play - ie you can't even
> use the volume knob at that point ... You have to hit the power and then
> you can use the volume.  While you can use iPeng to browse the library
> and start a stream, you can't see the library on the SBR at all.
> Strange zombie state.

I believe what you are seeing means that the player is connected through
port 3483 but the controller through port 9000 is not.
Like iPeng, the software on the Radio is split into two more or less
independent parts: the player (controlled by the server) and the
controller (user interface) that controls the player actually not
directly but through the server. The only exception is volume where it
acts directly and only notifies the server to avoid delays.