Version 0.7.5 now has limited support for accessing the "official" LMS
menu, which means you can e.g. use plugins which extend this menu
(specifically, the "My Music", "Extras" and Settings" e.g. Server Power
Control etc.)
Note that this is still quite experimental - anything requiring more
complex user interaction (e.g. one has to input text, values etc.)
during the operation will silently fail.
Nevertheless, Random Mix,  Server Power Control, some audio settings
work quite well - I haven't used it with other plugins. Since I don't
have any apps installed, this part is also completely untested (I'd
assume they won't work...)