Roland0 wrote:
> I'm not aware of this pop-up - which one do you mean?

When dropping something on the Play button, there's a gray popup box
labeled 'LMS Info' that appears for a few seconds. I also see it
sometimes when double-clicking a different track in the playlist to
change tracks, but this is inconsistent.

> Not sure why cookies should be used for that - preferences are currently
> saved on the server, and I don't see a good reason to change that

Because it then becomes a user setting, rather than server-wide. For
something like a list sort order, it also means that you'd change it
simply by sorting differently using the UI rather than having to change
a preference. It's a "remember how I had it" setting rather than a "do
it this way all the time" setting.

> As I noted before: the way the GUI works it simply needs a certain level
> of performance from the server, or the user experience will be sub
> optimal. This requirement is not going to change significantly in the
> future.

I think my server is fairly fast. As an example, changing pages while
browsing albums in the default in the Default web interface takes just a
little over a second with the items per page set at 80 and both artist
and year displayed. From postings I've read over the years from others
regarding server performance, that's pretty quick.