cisaak wrote:
> Like I said in my first message, I know nothing about Linux.  How do I
> put the file?  I know how to do it in DOS but know nothing about Linux.

Here's how I do it on my Vortexbox running Fedora - don't know if this
will be the same for your box.  (And I'm no Linux expert, I've just
stretched my DOS knowledge far enough to get by...)

1 - I have a shared directory on the Vortexbox that I can access via an
SMB share.  I drag and drop the plugin.pm file from my MacBook to this
directory.  Next, I have to get it into the correct directory for
SuperDateTime to use it.
2 - I use MacBook's built in Terminal program to SSH into my Vortexbox.
(I'm sure there is something equivalent for Windows that is a text based
Terminal program.)  I do this by typing:

Code:
--------------------

  ssh r...@192.168.1.xxx

--------------------

Obviously you need to change that to the IP address of your box and
whatever user name has write privileges.  I use root, but that's sloppy
practice.  At this point, I'm logged into the Linux box and am
controlling it via command line.

4 - Copy the file to the correct location.  In Linux, -cp- is similar to
the DOS -copy- command.  In this case, the SMB share I drag-and-dropped
to is the directory -/storage
-

Code:
--------------------

  cp /storage/Plugin.pm
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm

Note that Linux is case sensitive, whereas DOS is not.  Other useful
Linux commands and their DOS equivalent that may help you navigate
around:
Linux : DOS
ls : dir
cd : cd
cp : copy

If someone knows of an easier way to do this, I'd love to hear it.  This
process has always seemed annoying to me.  Good luck!