ajkidle wrote:
> Here's how I do it on my Vortexbox running Fedora - don't know if this
> will be the same for your box.  (And I'm no Linux expert, I've just
> stretched my DOS knowledge far enough to get by...)
>
> 1 - I have a shared directory on the Vortexbox that I can access via an
> SMB share.  I drag and drop the plugin.pm file from my MacBook to this
> directory.  Next, I have to get it into the correct directory for
> SuperDateTime to use it.
> 2 - I use MacBook's built in Terminal program to SSH into my Vortexbox.
> (I'm sure there is something equivalent for Windows that is a text based
> Terminal program.)  I do this by typing:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> Obviously you need to change that to the IP address of your box and
> whatever user name has write privileges.  I use root, but that's
> sloppy practice.  At this point, I'm logged into the Linux box and am
> controlling it via command line.
>
> 3 - Copy the file to the correct location.  In Linux, -cp- is similar
> to the DOS -copy- command.  In this case, the SMB share I
> drag-and-dropped to is the directory -/storage
> -

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > cp /storage/Plugin.pm
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SuperDateTime/lib/Plugins/SuperDateTime/Plugin.pm

--------------------

> 4 - Logout

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> Note that Linux is case sensitive, whereas DOS is not.  Other useful
> Linux commands and their DOS equivalent that may help you navigate
> around:
> Linux : DOS
> ls : dir
> cd : cd
> cp : copy
>
> If someone knows of an easier way to do this, I'd love to hear it.
> This process has always seemed annoying to me.  Good luck!

I discovered I could not use SSH on my Netgear ReadyNas unless I enabled
SSH--which voids the warranty.  Any way the new file could be added to
the repository while it is being tested?  The old file is apparently
useless and adding the new file to the repository would allow the rest
of us to test it.