[Apologies if this isn't the right place for this but a comment further
up this thread seems to suggest it may be]

For the last few days now I've been having problems with iPlayer on both
my Boom and my Classic both playing Live and pre-recorded content.
Typically this exhibits as failing to play the content unless you take
several run ups at it or, sometimes stopping part way through so you
have to start over (oh, and in such cases you can't always skip forward
as you can normally).

Heeding the advice here I tried the additional plugin BBC iPlayer Extras
and that sometimes helps (especially with that skip forward problem).

Tonight I can't play anything at all.

Looking at the log I see messages like

Code:
    [13-09-07 18:47:05.0010] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning:
[18:47:04.0005] EV: error in callback (ignoring): pack_sockaddr: invalid host
at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib/AnyEvent/DNS.pm line 1114

Other information which may be relevant. I've very recent upgraded the
server to the latest release "Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.3 -
1375965195" and I'm running iPlayer 1.2.10.

Thank you.