arubaluba wrote:
> Yesterday I got several "Failed to create playlist" messages when I
> tried to start up a Smart mix based upon the current track. I got
> another message when I tried it through the "Echo Nest" menu entry.
> Thinking there was something wrong I disabled the Smart Mix plugin under
> Server Settings/Plugins. After a restart I enabled the plugin again and
> performed another restart which didn't start the Smart Mix plugin but
> gave me the message that there is an updated plugin available "Smart Mix
> 1.3.7". Enabling this gives the same message but never results in a
> working Smart Mix plugin. My setup is as follows: Vortexbox 2.0 (Fedora
> release 16), LMS 7.7.2 - r33908. I would appreciate if someone could
> help me fixing this. Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards, Rene

Not sure what's wrong, but I'm also running vortexbox and 7.7.2 and
smartmix is working ok.  With smartmix installed, my next step would be
doing a clear and rescan of your library in LMS.

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify