I just found out this great plugin and I am trying to play with it. I
have understood that it is possible that artist pictures are saved to
local folder where I can replace them to another or edit them. Somehow I
cannot get this working. I defined the local folder and rescanned
(clear/rescan) my library but the folder remains empty.

The settings are:
Find artwork online during library scan: checked
Download missing cover art from online sources : unchecked
Download and pre-cache artist pictures from online sources : checked
Artwork Folder: <empty>
Folder with artist photos: /storage/artistpic

I do not want this plugin mess with my cover arts, only artist photos.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I simply misunderstood how this
should work?

Any help?