audiomuze wrote:
> +1000
>
> If this could be done in some way it'd be fantastic.  It'd also be great
> to be able to embed similar artist information in LMS (using MAI &
> echonest?) as a source.  I see two complementary ways of this working:
> Where MAI is concerned if a user happens to go to similar artists when
> exploring an artist a "similar artists" DB is updated in the background
> with a view to having a similar artist scan run at a later time at the
> user's initiation.  This scan links the artists to one another so that
> you can in future click through any similar artist entry and browse
> what's in your library much like you can click through any artist name
> at present.
>
> Secondly, echonest could be queried to obtain it's similar artists
> listing for all artists in your DB, then the similar artists scan that
> does the linking is run, again at the user's initiation.

The "Related artists" info is already linked in a DB, but the DB is at
Allmusic.com, so the lists of similar, influenced by and followed are
coming from there. Not sure that there's any need to embed additional
information in the LMS DB in order to use it as a launching point.
Really just needs a way to browse to those artists' entries in the
existing DB with the resulting display nested under the current MAI
display to maintain context.