get.amped wrote:
> Great plugin. Provides endless opportunities to explore, particularly
> using the Related artists portion. The only thing I wish I could do from
> those screens would be to directly search my library for the artist in
> the list, maybe by clicking on an icon next to the name. For example,
> I'm listening to the new Michael Bloomfield box set and I see that
> Lonnie Brooks is a similar artist. I can click on him and continue to
> look for other related artists, but nothing ever ties any of them back
> to what I have available to listen to. Right now I enter the similar
> artist name in the Search field, but then I lose the context of looking
> at artists similar to Michael Bloomfield. Not sure if I explained that
> too well.
>
> Anyway, thanks for the fine work. It's always interesting to see who
> influenced whom and the other connections.

+1000

If this could be done in some way it'd be fantastic.  It'd also be great
to be able to embed similar artist information in LMS (using MAI &
echonest?) as a source.  I see two complementary ways of this working:
Where MAI is concerned if a user happens to go to similar artists when
exploring an artist a "similar artists" DB is updated in the background
with a view to having a similar artist scan run at a later time at the
user's initiation.  This scan links the artists to one another so that
you can in future click through any similar artist entry and browse
what's in your library much like you can click through any artist name
at present.

Secondly, echonest could be queried to obtain it's similar artists
listing for all artists in your DB, then the similar artists scan that
does the linking is run, again at the user's initiation.

digital groove | 'Vivere DAC MKI'
(http://vivereaudio.com/post/2013/08/16/DAC-I-is-Born!.aspx) | 'ATC
SCA2'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/electronics/source-pre-amplifiers/sca2/)
| 'ATC SCM100ASLT'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/tower-series/scm100aslt/)

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)* - now packaged in most
Linux distributions.