pippin wrote:
> It's really difficult.
>
> First: no chance for your 3rd gen iPod at all. iPeng "Classic" doesn't
> work with the iOS 7 SDK so Apple doesn't let me update it anymore and
> iPeng 7 only works from iOS 7 on so it doesn't run on the 3rd gen iPod.
>
> Second: Doing more on the NowPlaying screen in landscape mode is
> difficult. Where do you start and where do you stop.
> I've done something like that for another App but it really gives you
> something completely different on the NowPlaying screen. If you want all
> features of the "portrait" NowPlaying screen you end up with a screen
> completely crammed with buttons and not much space for a cover. It's
> ugly, and it still doesn't give you the current playlist or a player
> selection. It's really hard to build something really useful with that
> landscape mode screen as long as we tend to write in horizontal
> direction (hey, this might be an option for Japanese or Chinese...).
>
> So for now I decided to only show a screen saver because that's what
> looks OK. The one thing I might indeed want to change (although, as
> mentioned above, only for iPeng 7) is to add back the original "Repeat"
> and "Shuffle" menus - probably in the player settings screen - to at
> least give users that functionality, but somehow nobody ever asked for
> that until today....

Actually Repeat/Shuffle in the player settings would be perfect for
landscape with pre IOS7.  At least the functions would be accessible.  I
seem to be very good at asking for things that may make sense but no one
has asked for before. :cool:

I could do portrait but I'm trying to go for a "stealth" setup and the
eyeglass compartment which flips down from the ceiling is perfect for
that.

Also I have not purchased a dedicated iThing for the car yet.  I could
get something that supports IOS7, it just costs a bit more I think.  It
may be buried in this thread but I'm not exactly sure what all the
differences are between iPeng7 and the pre-7 version.