bpa wrote:
> Squeezeplay cannot play WMA (i.e. asx URL) natively. I think LMS on
> Netgear does not support WMA transcoding.  So WMA stream will not play
> on the Squeezplay client nor will the WMA stream play if other players
> which can play WMA natively (e.g. Touch , Radio, Boom) are synced to the
> Squeezeplay player (i.e. because LMS has to transcode to support WMA on
> Squeezeplay).
>
> I'm not sure but I think squeezelite might be able to play WMA natively
> under Windows - if it can then I suggest you could replace replace
> Squeezeplay with Squeezelite/Jivelite combo.  This would be better as
> squeezelite supports AAC (as does Touch and radio but not boom) and so
> would not require LMS to transcode.

I think then, based on the fact the iplayer is withdrawing WMA support,
assuming they don't also withdraw AAC I should be able to continue as I
do now, correct?

I'm not sure how it works, but as posted earlier, with as a minimum, a
Squeezeplay and Touch synced, I use the iplayer favorite
iplayer://live?ms=http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/bbc_london&title=BBC%20London
which seems to get 32kbps CBR, aac

I can also run the Boom and get synced radio from it was well, so I
assume the LMS is transcoding to something all three support?