Statto wrote:
> Hi
> Library is currently approx 15,000 'songs' (or just over 1,000 albums)
> so a 2 hour custom scan would appear to be normal:(  Still frustrating
> that I can't seem to select a single album to scan in the main scan
> folder and then have the custom scan restricted to that album.  Makes
> testing new tag mappings etc extremely tiresome.

Hello Statto,

just a thought: could you not create a small library for testing
purposes, and switch the libraries (both the basic (LMS) library and the
virtual libraries below it) at the start and end of your
experimentation?  This would undoubtedly be a bit of a pain, but you
might then have a short scan time in compensation, and that could allow
more experimentation.  In that regard, I would just add that this stuff
does require experimentation, and patience, as you may have guessed from
my exasperated posts.  I am going to try and post some points based on
my, very limited, experience in a minute or two, but after much effort I
have managed to set things up pretty much as I wanted to; so, persevere
Statto, it may be well worth it.