Erland,

I think I have, pretty much, managed to set up my LMS/Squeezebox-Touch
environment as I wanted; that is, I seem to have the basic structure. I
will add a post detailing what I have done in case anyone might possibly
find my experience helpful, but it is a shame that it took so much
effort and involved so much frustration. However, let me say now that if
Logitech had put the function given by the Multi-Library, Custom Scan
and Custom Browse 'plugins' into their basic LMS product, they could
now, instead of ditching the Squeezebox family, have been selling
millions of them to classical music lovers all over the world.  That
they ignored that huge minority market when it was there for the taking,
even after you showed them what they needed to offer, is a damning
indictment of them as a business.

I know I have been very, very grumpy, but as I have said a couple of
times at least, these three plug-ins contain such powerful and useful
function that it makes them almost indispensable; unfortunately they are
also very difficult to set up, at least the way I needed to.  In that
regard, as I said earlier, I have had a lot of experience of writing and
testing software, and have much sympathy for you now that you find the
job of supporting them such a time-consuming burden. I have, in the
distant past, in different jobs, written some 'utilities' that I found
very useful, and then others in the organisation found useful and asked
for extra function, and eventually they had grown rather grander, and
more complicated, than I first envisaged.  At that point, I knew that I
should re-design them, starting completely afresh, and build the stuff
again logically and cleanly; but there is never time, and it was my own
time, so it didn't get done despite the quality of the function on offer
- it would also have been a bit boring as well.  If only you did have
the time Erland, I genuinely believe that these three plug-ins would be
selling much better; but, then again, Logitech have rather let you down.

In any case, thank you for these additions, I will soon be sending you
my $50 for the three plug-ins that I now use, and hope that I can carry
on using them for a few years until my 'Touches start to fail.