PasTim wrote:
> Good (in a way).  This implies, and I think confirms, to me that your
> problems are nothing to do with LMS or its plugins or access rights &
> permissions on any LMS folders or files.
>
> I hope someone with enough knowledge of your linux version and ffmpeg
> can determine what the issue is.  Clearly when run as admin ffmpeg is
> trying to use something it isn't allowed to use.  It may diagnose your
> problem if you could post the output of:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > groups admin

--------------------

Result is the same when logged in as Admin or Root:
-ash: groups: not found

I do hope I don't need a different version of ffmpeg because it's a
nightmare to try and a). install ipkg and b). install ffmpeg as the
Synology needs to be bootstrapped - I've tried to do it and it didn't
work.
I don't want to mess around too much more and break something because my
main use for the NAS is to stream music in FLAC and watch movies via
Smart TV and Chromecasts (although I *-did-* love my BBC Radio!).

Cheers
Paul