Klammer wrote:
> Result is the same when logged in as Admin or Root:
> -ash: groups: not found
>

> I do hope I don't need a different version of ffmpeg because it's a
> nightmare to try and a). install ipkg and b). install ffmpeg as the
> Synology needs to be bootstrapped - I've tried to do it and it didn't
> work.
> I don't want to mess around too much more and break something because my
> main use for the NAS is to stream music in FLAC and watch movies via
> Smart TV and Chromecasts (although I *-did-* love my BBC Radio!).

Well done Klammer & Pastim.  I hadn't noticed that there were two user
ids - root and admin. IIRC LMS runs under Admin.
Also it is now clear that The Videostation package provides ffmpeg and
my guess is that the Videostation ffmpeg libraries have different
permissions to the ffmpeg binaries and it is a case of changing the
permissions.

Can you do following commands logged in as root, they should show the
permissions and owner of the ffmpeg files.

ls -l /usr/syno/bin/ffmpeg
ls -l /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/bin/ffmpeg
ls -l /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/lib/ffmpeg
ls -l /volume1/@appstore/VideoStation/lib/ffmpeg/libav*