Owen Smith wrote:
> I'm on Windows Home Server V1, running the WHS Add-In version of LMS
> 7.8. I run the server headless and rarely log in to it, if there's a
> power cut it all just comes back up without any intervention from me.
> Can squeeze2upnp do that or does it need running from a logged in user
> at the command line?
If you find out how to start squeeze2upnp automatically on WHS, then
yes, it should be able to do that.  I also run it headless, but on
linux.  I know nothing about WHS.

The user guide quotes one suggested way of starting squeeze2upnp
automatically, using the features of an LMS plugin called Server Power
Control.  That should work on any platform.  Whether there is a better
way on WHS I don't know.

If you are prepared to give it a go, you can ask here for more help.
Someones else may well know about using WHS.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.