bpa wrote:
> What do you mean by "sort out". The BBC see HLS & MP3 as a stopgap
> solution.
>
> Using a 3rd party app was the normal way for playing BBC stream for many
> years - with AlienBBC it was mplayer and then with AAC stream it is faad
> for IP3K based players.

All AAC uses faad on IP3K players, that's not unique to iPlayer it's
normal server transcoding.

PlayHLS is not a simple solution. You have to find an ffmpeg that works,
manually edit an iPlayer plugin file etc. By "sort out" I mean update
iPlayer to play HLS streams for live and listen again, without needing
to fight ffmpeg and without having to manually edit files. If LMS is
changing to the point all this messing about is expected to run it, then
it may be time for me to abandon LMS.