TheLastMan wrote:
> Synology is the problem, not Arm7.  I was of the same mind as you
> regarding yet another device, that was one of the attractions of the NAS
> as it could do it all.  But there is no sign of Synology fixing it, so
> the cheapest and quickest option was to try the Raspberry Pi if I wanted
> to alleviate my BBC withdrawal symptoms!
>
> If you follow the instructions and use Squeezeplug / Max2play it is the
> work of about 30 minutes to put the Pi in a case, connect it up and
> install the software.  If you are clever you can even copy over all your
> settings and plugins from your Synology installation (the locations of
> the files are on the last tab of the LMS settings browser page).  You
> can use WinSCP for that.
>
> The Max2play bit is a web browser based user interface for Squeezeplug
> and is very simple, so if you can manage LMS and the Synology
> configuration pages you can easily manage Squeezeplug with Max2play.

If it actually resembled a raspberry pie, I might get away with it but I
can't smuggle in another device that needs plugging in after getting the
Synology just a few months back. This might lead to demands for the
sacrifice of a secondary (or tertiary) amp, power amp, tuner, cassette
deck etc if you get my drift (looking at the gear on your signature, you
probably do).

It's very irritating that the Nas is the problem as running LMS on it to
have access to BBC LA programmes was what swung it for me. However, next
week, I have an Intel Nuc arriving as a replacement for my desktop and
if it's as quiet and cool-running as they promise I suppose I could run
LMS on that 24/7. Would it be easier to tweak and get access to listen
again on LMS I wonder?

Thanks for your reply.

LMS Squeezeplug on SheevaPlug
Squeezebox Radio x 2