utgg wrote:
> Ok, that is a small sample, but still useful information - so no
> BBCiPlayerExtras issue.
>
> The stopping dead with BBCiPlayer (i.e. HLS streams) is something I've
> very occasionally noticed. The alpha plugin isn't particularly robust if
> any of the chunks of stream get dropped, or take too long to arrive. It
> will need a bit of work in the HLS protocol handler code to improve that
> -  such that the stream will automatically restart if it has a problem.
> It won't prevent 'buffering', but it should be possible to prevent the
> stopping dead behaviour. I will have a look when I've got time...

That would be much appreciated. I've not worked out a pattern for when
the HLS streams stop, but they do, so a way of automatically re-starting
would be a great improvement. For what it's worth, Listen Again using
Triode's plugin has only once failed mid-stream whereas Live rarely goes
for more than an hour without a stream stop. I use Windows 7 so followed
the recent comments about DNS handling with interest and ran Namebench.
It suggested DNS servers different to the Google DNS I had been using
but even having made the change I still experienced drop-outs.