philippe_44 wrote:
> But you are very right that with the non plugin, the exit was a full
> graceful one, but it takes many seconds before it happens for (normally)
> a limited benefit. I think adding a UPnP "stop" on that forced exit mode
> will solve the problem
I agree when people aren't doing much testing, such a delay might seem
unnecessary.  However, if you are testing various things, it is too easy
(at least for me) to get the whole system into a mess and have to start
again.   A graceful stop would seem a useful way of preventing me, and
maybe others, from messing things up and assuming that it's the
parameter setting that  is wrong, not just a stop/start problem.

Looking at why the plugin updates don't show in LMS, do you recall when
you first started with the plugin it had updates showing every time?
You fixed that.  The solution might well be apparent looking at how you
did that.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.