rickwookie wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance, but I notice that the zip file that gets downloaded
> for your plugin
> "https://raw.github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin/master/ShairTunes2.zip";
> as referenced in
> "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin/master/public.xml";,
> doesn't contain the src folder. How do I get it? Do I need to use some
> sort of git-fetch command, and if so, what is it?
>
> Btw, I noticed in that xml that you define minTarget="7.5". Is that now
> the case for v0.13 or should that be minTarget="7.8"?

The source code is on github. 7.5 is fine cause i skip cover code for
versions < 7.8.

rickwookie wrote:
> Wow, I recompiled it and the binary is now 638k. The old one's only 42k.
> What's that all about?

Yes those are now static binaries. Beeing independant of lib / os
version.

bruinboy wrote:
> @disaster123, et al.
>
> When I start your plugin, I get:
>
> "Plugin failed to load"
>
> Server Log:
>
> [15-05-24 14:15:34.6079] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning:
> Module [Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin] failed to load:
> Can't locate Net/SDP.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /Users/macmini/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins
>
> System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /System/Library/Perl/5.16
> /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at
> /Users/macmini/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2/Plugin.pm
> line 30.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /Users/macmini/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2/Plugin.pm
> line 30.
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 1098) line 2.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 1098) line 2.
>
> It seems I'm getting tantalizingly close.
>
> Thanks for the ongoing troubleshooting.
>
> Scott

You need the perl Net::SDP Modul. No idea how to install on Mac OS X.
How did you install the other modules?

mherger wrote:
> > Done a bit more digging and found 'this post'
> >
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21094114/how-do-i-detect-the-os-name-in-perl-to-a-particular-version)
> > suggesting that archname is not the way to detect the running system
> as
> > Config only contains the details from the system where Perl was
> built,
> > not the one it's running on. In fact I've just noticed that typeing
> Perl
> > -V at the command prompt on both my Pi1 and Pi2 not only give
> identical
> > results, that it's armv7l, but also that it's an odroidu2 :confused:
>
> Wouldn't Slim::Utils::Misc::findbin() do the job for you?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Looks interesting any documentation on that one available?