PasTim wrote:

> I'm thinking more broadly than this. Many, many times have I done tests
> and got inconsistent results until things seemed to settle down.  d6jg
> seems to have had the same experience.  Now it may be that I really am
> just careless, but I tried really hard not to be, and I still got
> different results, as far as I can tell just after going from one
> setting that didn't work, through various others, back to the original,
> which then did work, for the same track.  I still can't believe it's
> happened to me again......

So before it drives you nuts ... I found mostly what's happening: I've
added duration in the metadata sent to the UPnP player but ... some
players, when receiving uncompressed files, calculate the duration using
the file size found in the header and ignore the 'duration' metadata.
That can only be done for wav and aiff, obviously and as you might
remember, the size I set in the headers is "a large value" as LMS does
not give me that size.

My Marantz and foobar2000 do that, my Sonos use the metadata :) and when
you send raw pcm, all work obviously as there is no header to use (the
fun never ends)

So I've now changed the header for wav and aiff formats to calculate an
"approximatively correct size" based on the duration. This seems to work
on my devices, but probably more tests are requires. I'll pushed a
dev-2, but be carefull, this is early, so you might prefer to ignore it

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)