philippe_44 wrote:
> ouch ... I'm not the right person to answer, frankly. But I would say
> that at least it should 'pretend' to handle 24/96 in pcm. Does not mean
> that it does a good job. But again, I'm not in high res ... for my own
> need I was happy with flac 16/48, so you see :)

For what it is worth I bought the Onkyo on input and output spec. In the
small form factor market you generally don't get what's available on the
Onkyo. 3 x Analogue in, 1 x optical in, 1 x coaxial in, 1 x Analogue out
(very rare).
It was to replace a very battered Sony amp and CD so I needed a CD (for
very occasional use) but I didn't need the Tuner really - I haven't and
probably won't plug in the aerials. It's got 2 x USB and "Net" which
includes vTuner, Spotify & DLNA amongst other things. The DLNA support
suggested it could do 24/192 Flacs - which it can. I will use the front
USB as a charging point for my iPhone.
If I want high end audio and gapless I will use the attached SB3 but
during the day I usually have a smart mix playing and the Onkyo now
looks like it can handle that nicely.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.8 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* -
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 connected Digitally - > Celestion
Ditton F20s - and connected Analogue for Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 ->
Sennheiser RS 130
*Office* - SB3 -> Sony TA FE320 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes