After upgrading to El Capitan (of course) I had a problem.
The BBC Iplayer Radio and the Spotify plugin would not work.

After a lot of thrashing around, a reinstall of LMS and a clean install
of LMS and install yet another version of LMS...... (You know you've
been there).:confused:

In the end found the links to the additional resources  I mananged to
upload them,  they finally they registered in the advanced/plugins page
... but still the Spotify Plugin was STILL ABSENT!  refresh.. refresh,
clear the cashe  etc etc.  It was there , then absent, mysterious :(

THE ANSWER!   You must log in to the SPOTIFY APP on your local machine
FIRST! (tick all the relevant permissions). It probably sets the
firewall?

Then it miraculously appears and it works.

What a flaky system .. you need a Squeeze Phd to make it all work.

(I made a note in my will for my wife to throw it all away and buy a
music center, she is pretty deaf anyway!)