gorman wrote:
> Desperately trying to use a combination of
> Multilibray-CustomBrowse-CustomSkip to have 5.1 DTS/AC3 files playable
> only by my living room SB, which is connected to a 5.1 AV receiver.
>
> I am trying to follow this tutorial
> http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Setup_kids_room_SqueezeBox .
> The principle would be to have a Stereo music library used by all SBs on
> my network that would exclude DTS and AC3 files, and an "All Music"
> library that would containg all, including DTS and AC3 files.
>
> Unfortunately several of the different voices inside menus are
> undocumented in the wiki (for instance, what's with the built-in menu
> entries?, by following the Kids example one would find the Artists entry
> already populated, should he use that or create one from scratch?), the
> tutorial provides step by step but I still am not able to have menu
> items selectable under Settings/Player/Menus.

> Why is the Stereo - Artists (stereoartists) entry not available for
> selection? For overall neatness I'd love to be able to eliminate the
> "built in" menu entries if I'm supposed in any case to create new ones
> from scratch.
>
> I was trying earlier this afternoon and I seemed to be closer to a
> solution but then I deleted everything thinking of starting from
> scratch. I tried uninstalling the plugins and reinstalling the, deleting
> their conf files in the relevant directory. But I have this nagging
> feeling that somewhere, somehow, something has remained messed up.
>
> I'd love for proper syntax of the relevant XMLs to be available, I'm
> feeling like the GUI portion makes simple stuff complex (I might be
> wrong)...
I don't know where the "Stereo - Artists..." menus are from in your
system, nor indeed your Home menu customisation screen, I don't have
them.  I do, however, have 'Hide Menus' from Erland, which allows me to
hide some of the standard ones.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.