I noticed that in the mysb.com where Spotify app configuration asks
Spotify credentials the username field turns red right after when I
enter my Spotify username and move the cursor to the password field.
Could that indicate some sort of an problem with something?!

That's most likely your browser's spell check failing on your username. As long as it accepts your password you should be fine. Is this the mysb.com screen or Spotify's? After you've entered credentials on mysb.com you'll have to follow Spotify's flow to grant us permission to access your library.

--

Michael