gharris999 wrote:
> Quoting from my first post in this thread:
>

> ...so yes, the firewall is already open for TCP on port 49152.  Does it
> need to be open for UDP on that port too?
I don't know if both UDP and TCP are needed.  However, if your system
works when starting in one sequence and not the other, probably not.

I know 49152 is the official main port. However, if there are multiple
servers around it can be higher, which is why, if it works one way
round, I suggested incrementing the number.  I spent a stupid amount of
time trying to get ports sorted out on my system, and ended up opening
rather more than I care to admit publicly. Suffice to say than in my
view a great deal more than 49152 needs to be open (1900, 5431 and 80
may also be needed).

A short trial with an open firewall can at least tell you if the problem
is in the ports or not.  If you don't like doing that (who does?) then
inspect the firewall log and see if anything is being blocked.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 16.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 16.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.