Phileas wrote:
> Up until a few months ago I had several years of fully functioning
> Custom Browse menus. I replaced the hard drive in my PC and copied over
> the settings folder (as I have done successfully a few times before) and
> now I get no items under my Classical menu, even though the a Database
> query looks ok (to me). I've also attached a Custom Browse debug file.
I get this sometimes when setting up LMS from scratch again.  The
problem I had was the value assigned to the Classical library in table
multilibrary_libraries in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db.

Take a look at Extras 'Multi Library' menu.  How may Classical and
Standard tracks does it show?  If either is 0, then you may have the
same problem as I did.

In my case I fixed it by stopping LMS and then use a sqlite3 command
file (called resetlmsmultilibrary.sql) on library.db containing:

Code:
--------------------

  UPDATE multilibrary_libraries set id = 102 where libraryid = 'classical';
  UPDATE multilibrary_libraries set id = 101 where libraryid = 'standard';
  UPDATE multilibrary_libraries set id = 1 where libraryid = 'standard';
  UPDATE multilibrary_libraries set id = 2 where libraryid = 'classical';

--------------------

My sqlite3 command line is:

Code:
--------------------

  sqlite3 /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/library.db<
/storage/music/Databases/resetlmsmultilibrary.sql

--------------------

The correct values depend on what your database queries use to select
classical. If they use value 1 for classical and 2 for standard (and
looking at your sample it looks as if they do) switch the values on the
last 2 lines round, giving 1 for classical, 2 for standard.  Restart LMS
and check the menu item in Extras again.  Hopefully the tracks will have
reappeared.

You may have to change access permissions on library.db to be able to
update it as a non-LMS user id.

If you haven't got sqlite3, and can't get it (I have no idea about
non-linux platforms) then you need some other tool to edit the table.
There's an SQlite extension for firefox that can do the job.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 16.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 16.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.