Dennis Jan

Thanks for the link and the nice add-ons. I think the search and
printing functions should be easy to integrate because I guess they use
separate PHP files. So I would think of a config.ini entry
'advancedPrinting' and 'advancedSearch' and then select either the
default ones or the advanced.

Don't know how the search is performed in the back and how the code is
set up (ie. as separate PHP files or included in the query PHP files).
If you have successfully gone over the pain to re-write the PDF printing
I will be glad to completely drop the existing version. I could not see
the result because the PDF in the current version is often displayed as
plain text (I noticed that also for the older version 1.1.0). It just
needed the line

header('Content-type: application/pdf');

after

Header('Pragma: public');

in printmap.phtml and it worked again fine for me.

The integration of user authentication and roles and the access to data
might be more difficult to have as separate option, but this depends how
it is defined.

I think the easiest way would be to send me the code once you have
finalized it and I will have a look how to best integrate it. I will add
you as author of the new functions inside the code comments and
reference you also as contributor in the license.txt.

But I also have to see when I will find the time to integrate it.
Currently there is still some debugging for the new version 2 (and
partially 1) to do, mainly a re-writing of the whole legend and TOC
display (will be integrated also in version 1) because the old one has
got some problems with XMLHttp and became difficult to maintain with
more options. I think I got a prototype working, but it needs a
generalization and some more testing.

Armin