The VM is a full Debian 3.1 system with Mapserver and Postgres compiled and
installed, and directly running if you open it with VMWare Player. The
player exists for Windows and Linux.

For me it's one of the easiest solutions to set up a functional Mapserver
development environment based on Linux, just run the VM and start. I do not
need to run any more a second PC just to test or develop under Linux. And
you can mess up everything and just drop it and use a clean backup to
continue.

Regarding future plans: I will once write down some ideas for future
dvelopment. I once already mentioned some on this list, but there was no
feedback then.

armin