On Saturday, August 10, 2002, at 02:18  PM, Rocco Caputo wrote:

> I would like to avoid preprocessing if at all possible.  Even source
> filters cause problems with some people-- especially those who want to
> deploy programs using perlapp or perl2exe.  I think I would start over
> if it came to that.

in my copious free time (right...), i'm designing a Parse::RecDescent
grammar to potentially replace POE::Preprocessor. the upside? it will
allow us to precompile core POE modules for use in perlapp or perl2exe
(or rather, will allow YOU to do so :).  i dont have a prototype as of
yet but i've got some ideas and sometime in the near future i'll have
something for you guys to play with.

----
Matt Cashner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]