Henrik Krohns writes:

What is there really to set except REJECTLEVEL and the MAX* settings? I use
a "relaxed" RL setting of 6. Nothing related to how big a site is.

For different organizations of different sizes one could use different RBLs, with different weights to them.

Some RBLs are significantly more aggresive than others. For someone who has dealt with them for months/years it is obvious, but for a small organization trying to run their own server examples with different RBLs, different reject levels and some comments, would be helpfull

It reads "number of entries" in the description. I don't see how you think
it as otherwise. :)

Because if it is meant to be an email, then it could have said that instead of "entries".

It makes no sense. You should have a central DNS setup, that way everything
is cached there.

I was basically wondering if performance could be enhanced by running a local dns cache. At the very least I am considering to do a DNS cache dedicated to the MX machines.