Henrik Krohns writes:

I guess depending on the volume, it could be beneficial to block immediately
with single trustworthy RBL like zen. But I would do it directly in postfix
then. I leave it up to you to figure out why. :)

Again thanks for feedback.

Here it's only 50,000+ mails a day, and I have no problem doing a more
"relaxed" setting.

Where I work I am the only admin, and even though we are an email provider, mail and anti-spam is but one of the tasks I have to deal with. This unfortunately leads to often having to cut corners or installing programs without having had enough time to research them. Using single RBLs directly in postfix was a quick way to help the MX machines. Now researching alternatives.

If single RBL and extra rules from policyd-weight don't
catch it, SpamAssassin will.

That slow downs our mailstores too much.
For instance right now one of the older mailstores is at nearly 100% CPU and a backlog of thousands of mails.. and the heaviest CPU utilization is SpamAsassain.. one of our customres had a bug and their programs were sending thousands of emails to their support email address.