> recently we have ported polipo version 1.1.1 to iOS.

Cool.

> http://was.fm/ios/polipo

I have a few minor issues with the default configuration that you list on
this page.

> cacheIsShared = false

I'm not sure if it should be done by default, as it might cause website
cookies to be shared between different applications (e.g. a web browser
and a feed reader), which some users find confusing.  I've also found that
it breaks some websites.

> censorReferer = maybe

That's going to break a large number of websites, it shouldn't be done
without explicit user intervention.

> relaxTransparency = maybe

Please don't do that without explicit user intervention, it will cause
stale data to be served.

Concerning the proxy.pac file:

> function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
>   return "PROXY 127.0.0.1:8123";
> }

Perhaps you could tweak that to only use the proxy when the scheme is
http?  Going direct for http*s* avoids an extra copy of the data, which
might be significant on a small device.

Thanks for your work,

-- Juliusz