On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 04:12:02PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> Concerning the proxy.pac file:
>
> > function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
> >   return "PROXY 127.0.0.1:8123";
> > }
>
> Perhaps you could tweak that to only use the proxy when the scheme is
> http?  Going direct for http*s* avoids an extra copy of the data, which
> might be significant on a small device.

on the other hand you could also use polipo to block certain https
connections which might be a much larger win performance wise and
improves privacy if done right (many webbugs nowadays use SSL)

Curious - how much extra memory is used for a https tunnel going through
polipo? I would think there is no point in "storing" more than a few
KB of data per connection in buffers?

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers