Final Statement retiring to onlooker-at-the-fence mode again:

Yes, Brzezinski feels rather refreshing lately, as least as far as he is
allowed to make news. And he does not seem to feign to have been tricked
nor does he need  to resort to other mental acrobatics.

As the orders for adoration and subordination to the
President-in-times-of-war feels absolutely revolting and deceptive. [not
much time to think about how to better visualize the last impression in
words]

I will mentally leave US foreign history again and return to Germany.
More precisely to the Nazi continuity as to structures and people in the
German Federal Police [BKA Bundes Kriminalamt = Federal Criminal
Office/Bureau/Agency]and secret services into post WWII Germany.

-b

--- In political-research@yahoogroups.com, Sean McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I get the sense that Brzezinski has been a strong opponent of
Communism on purely rational grounds: he witnessed the crimes against
humanity they committed in Russia and Eastern Europe, and decided to
fight them.  There is no sense of the wild fanatic or Armageddonist
about him -- he's sober-minded about the project.  In the neocons, he
probably sees the same personality type that inflicted Bolshevism,
Trotskyism and Stalinism on the world, with all their attendant
atrocities.  His gut instinct is that they are bad news.  His rational
analysis is that their policy prescriptions are insane and a dangerous
threat to the United States.

>   We need more Brzezinskis to assert themselves in the present
climate.  Brzezinski, by the way, can run intellectual circles around
Henry Kissinger.  Kissinger is not remotely in the same class.
Kissinger has been in bed with the neocons from day one, and helped
bring them to power.  He's definitely got that dumbing-down cult thing
going on that afflicts many of the neocons, although he tries to cover
it over with a thin veneer of Enlightenment sophistication.  Michael
Ledeen plays the same fraudulent game, with his Italian affectations.
Real Italians look upon him as a poseur.

> LeaNder [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > What makes Brzezinski so refreshing, by contrast, is that he does
not
> suffer from this mental condition -- call it a mental disease,
actually,
> because that is what it is: something akin to an obsessive-compulsive
> disorder expressed as extreme ethnocentrism. He doesn't divide the
> world messianically into ethnic insiders and ethnic outsiders. He is
> able to think objectively and rationally about global politics --
clean
> and sweet, fresh air, compared to the suffocating noxious fumes and
> over-the-top rants emanating from the twisted psyches of the neocons.
> >

> > VMANN: yeah, he wants to nuke moscow, not tehran.
> > nerdmann
> >

> I think concerning Russia the neocons share his views. But of minor
> concern??
>
> But yes over here he is mainly mentioned in the context of
> NATO-Eastward- Enlargement. Maybe Kissinger does not write as well as
> Brzezinki??? And is not the expert on Russia???
>
> Have you heard we are getting defensive shields now against IRAN!!!!
The