LOL! One year during the Bush administration the DOE reported that it
could not account for a billion dollars of its budgeted money.
Efficient? And you asked where the government got the data to compile
their cost estimates. Who cares? I mean it might be of interest to
know just HOW they fucked up, but the larger, more relevant point is
that THEY FUCKED UP, and they DO IT ALL THE TIME!!! The government has
no incentive to bring a job in on time or at cost or to hold
contractors feet to the flames when they over run because they just go
back to the limitless tax well for more money. Just look at what these
craven assholes are doing RIGHT NOW. The country is in dire shape,
financially, and these self-interested pigs are stuffing every bill
full of insipid pork projects, many of which are government parks or
or other facilities requiring more government workers, increasing
forever the burden on tax payers.