"Well, I'm going to go grab a band-aid." she excused herself with a wink at
Kat and then a quick look, where she couldn't see of course, that Julia shot
Alex before finishing "I'll tag you later to watch that tape upstairs and
you have fun with your mom, okay?"

She gave them each a quick wave and kept up the smile until she made it out
into the hallway, where she sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, groaning
low to herself at the kinks she was already feeling before looking toward
the stairs.

"Okay," Kat said and waved.  "Next time I see Derek I'll tell him not to
hire people who cook bugs," she promised.

Alex chuckled and thought about going up with Julia, but decided that she'd
seen enough of the sepulchers fro one day.  Derek would let her know when
she was needed she was sure and the test results on the towel still needed a
bit more time.

Alex and Kat

Reply via email to