"She'll be as right as rain in the morn'." Philip assured her as they
quietly left before he mock whispered to her "Let's raid th' candy first.
I've had m'eye on the rootbeer pop ever since we got here.

"An'," he added gently "Ye ken tell me wha's bother'n ye if you'd like.....
?  Yer no't even smilin' a' th' prospect of candy."

Admittedly, he thought to himself, it could have to do with the whole
Mitchell deal.. but something told him it was something different.  As odd
as it was, Kat was used to the way of the Legacy -- she handled facing
demons, ghosts and mysteries alike better than most his own age.  But that
was the way of a child and those that believed.  They accepted it more
readily.

They made it to the nurse's station and were given the candy jar and he
reached it, pulling out the rootbear 'pop' before unwrapping it and sticking
it in his mouth, talkin around it in a low tone to Kat so not to be
overheard by anyone else "An' ye didnae say anythin' te Julia..... did
somethin' happ'n between ye tha's upset ye?"

Then he leaned forward to 'sweeten' the deal in getting her to open up "We
coul' call this confession'l and it'll stay between us. i's as good as a
pinky swear I hear."

"Probably better," Kat said taking a cherry pop out ofr herself, but she
just held it in her hands.  "God alreadys knows anyway probably.  Julia
hates me," she looked down at the ground.  "My mom says I wrong, but...she's
sure acting funny and it's all my fault.  I though She was the one who did
all the bad stuff to us and I got scared of her.  I didn't know it wasn't
her....and I'm really sorry I thought all kinds of bad stuff about her, but
she's mad at me now and I don't blame her.  I'd be mad at me too."

Kat


Reply via email to