"Katherine," Philip whispered in sudden shock before he caught himself and,
more importantly, corrected himself "Kat... tha's just nae true. I saw her
when Mitchell wouldae tried to hurt you."
"Actually," he took a second to suck on the 'pop' before admitting quietly
"I think she migh' think ye'r upset wi' her. I saw th' way she looked at ye
when she didnae think anyone watchin'. I've known 'er for years, Kat. I'd
bet anythin' she thinks yer upset with her."
The corner of his lips quirked up "She's prolly actin' funny like ye are.
An' I wouldnae worry 'bout her nae understandin'. I saw her when she found
ou' the - " he almost said 'bastard' and barely caught himself with a
sheepish grin before continuing "when Mitchell ha' pretended te be her the
first time."
He whistled low and shook his knuckles a little, as if he had just punched
something extra hard "He wen' down like a pile o' bricks. Th' woman knows
how te land a punch, tha's fer sure."
Then he chuckled apologetically "Bu' I'm strayin'. Kat, talk te her. I ken
even ask Nick te help me get Derek in th' car so you ken do it in private if
ye'd like....?"
Kat shifted her weight on her feet as she considered this. It was possible,
but still a very scary thought. "Philip," she asked slowly, "could you stay
while I talked to her...just in case, please?"
Kat