Kat shifted her weight on her feet as she considered this.  It was possible, but still a very scary thought.  "Philip," she asked slowly, "could you stay while I talked to her...just in case, please?"
 
"O' course, luv" Philip agreed before taking the 'pop' out of his mouth and using it point at her and then sticking it back into his mouth "but promise me one thin' - if ye feel comfortable wi' Julia after th' two of ye clear things up, ye'll think 'bout shooin' me off and showin' her ye really do trust her.  Ye mean a lot te her and Nick and I know i'd mean a lot te her.  Could ye try tha' - for bo' of yer sakes?"
 
He spotted an orderly and wiggled his eyebrows at Kat, coming up with an idea "I'll ha' Alex start loadin' th' boys up wi' th' orderly push'n 'em and we ken slip in te talk to Julia.  They ha' a rule about the guys in the white uniforms bein' th' ones doin' th' pushin' so no one would ev'n know we're havin' a chat until later an' if ye want."

Reply via email to