<<input on philip's part by the cuz>>

He watched Kat running in and his lips flashed in a quick grin as Julia hopped out of the jeep and go around to help Nick.
 
"Sure." he answered Alex, helping their Precept as per requested as they made their way inside.
 
"Well, hello there." Fredrick (hope that's the right butler *g*) came in as they started entering "I got a call from the hospital to expect you.  He looked around for Kat, seeing her coming back in and smiling in greeting "Miss Kat, a package came for you.  It's in the kitchen on the counter." <typed as per cousin's instruction... although I'm wondering.....>
 
He then took over for Philip and helped Derek in the rest of the way, steering toward the main living room at his boss' instruction and looking back at the others coming in "I have dinner prepared and can bring it into the living room if you'd like."
 
Derek gave him a crooked grin and nodded "That would be preferable so we're not running all over the place.  You aren't going to hold the mess in the library against me, are you?"
 
Fredrick raised one pepper-grayed eyebrow and replied deadpan.  He didn't know all of the specifics, purposefully, but couldn't help but comment "I will if that lout is allowed back."
 
Derek and even a couple of the others couldn't help but chuckle at that.
 
Julia looked at Kat curiously and took the camcorder with a wink when Derek wasn't looking and watched her go off to see, probably, what the package was.
 
Julia then looked at Nick and gave him a quick but heart-felt kiss as she guided him in the same direction, flipping the cap off of the camera and tossing Philip the bag behind them as she 'casually' pushed play and walked at an angle from Derek that he wouldn't spot the corder til later.
 
"Have I told you that I love you yet, Boyle?" she grinned and helped him sit on a chair, setting the camera on the table and using the lamp there to camouflage it before whispering "Don't ask and don't tell, handsome.  I still have that lollipop to give you."
 
Derek saw them whispering to each other and then remembered something, standing up and waving them down "Fredrick, if you would just bring it in here, I'll be right back."
 
With that he left the living room and grimaced only slightly before going up the stairs.  He had forgotten to tell Alex to get the newest item as well.  It took him a little more time but he reached the Control Room and entered, smiling apologetically at Alex because he was pretty sure she'd have something to say about his coming this far.
 
He pointed at his desk/console and headed toward it, opening the small drawer there just as the main viewer clicked on that someone was trying for a transmission.
 
He looked up and touched the button, almost blowing a raspberry when Sloan's image appeared "Hello, William. What can I do for you?"
 
William Sloan lifted an eyebrow and asked caustically "They warned me you were on pain medication."
 
Derek sat, hearing Alex move behind him as he took the small box he had wanted out and setting it on the top so he wouldn't forget "And you called to see me what.. swinging from de chandelier?"
 
Sloan chuckled at that and got down to the reasons he had called "I was going to just leave you a message for you to return when you were back on your feet but congratulations on your success.  We found Mitchell...... or what was left of him.  We're having services tomorrow."
 
Derek nodded once, sharing the moment of somberness before Sloan continued "And you can assure Julia that we'll get her cleared for duty as soon as possible."
 
This time Derek did make a sound, a kind of cough/choke/laugh before he stated to the other Precept "She is cleared for duty Sloan.  She's more than proved she's ready, worthy and just as much a part of our House as she was before she was taken from us."
 
"I realize that Derek, but rules are rules... "  it was obvious he was going to say more and steeled himself for it.
 
Derek's expression was humorous and said he was still going to do what he had planned regardless.
 
Sloan's eyebrow went even higher, if that were possible "I take it that the medication is what's speaking for you at the moment and that you aren't really deliberately acting like an ass on my account?"
 
"Okay, it's the medication.  Remember to write dat down in de reports for the ot'er times I've been an ass." Derek quipped, actually enjoying this and slipped Alex a humorous look before looking back at Sloan.
 
The Head of the London House shook his head "Well are you at least ready for the party?"
 
"We just got here," Derek answered, thinking of what they - those there at the House now - we going to be doing by way of a close quiet celebration of everything that's happened and its outcomes "give us a moment to get back downstairs at least..  wait.. party?"
 
He looked at Alex and recalled the ring on Julia's hand "Should we be having a party for their engagement?"
 
"Engagement?" Sloan asked, blinking before sitting up straighter "They can't get married."
 
Derek looked at him and actually chuckled "And why not?"
 
"You know how the Legacy looks at relationships within the same House, Derek...."
 
Derek laughed this time, holding his side and groaning when it started to hurt and bringing it under control "Yes, Sloan, how are Patricia and the kids?"
 
Sloan mumbled something and then "I swear that medication is taking control."
 
"Yup," Derek answered with a nod, flashing his teeth in a grin of mirth and satisfaction as he reached over for the transmission control "Medication is mak'ng me do such odd things.  I'll tell them you send your regards and congratulations on their upcoming nuptuals and...oooooooops."
 
He 'accidentally hit the off switch and looked at Alex before shrugging 'innocently' "Damned medication made me do it."
 
Then he got up, small box in hand and grinned, guiding her out "Let's get out of here while the gettin's good, shall we?"
 
With that they headed back downstairs.
<<I wanna see your reaction Kim/Alex!! ::grins:: and of course you others hehe... is it Monday yet?>>

"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect..."

Reply via email to