<<sorry bout that...didn't know>>
  
Philip finished making the sandwich and handed it to Nick, expression both
peaceful and humorous "Aye, I think it's time for the House to be whole. 
I.. I didnae feel like I wa' doin' anyone any good.
  
"I even felt - guilty," he admitted with a nod at Julia as she went over to
inspect and awe over Kat's ring <she said I could type that! "Abou' Julia. 
Ye were right then, Nick.  Actions do speak louder th'n words.  And m'
actions then were te run away and leave th' fighting te the rest of ye --
and you lost her.  I thought ov'r the years tha' if I had only been there...
maybe it would have been different.
  
"Maybe," he couldn't help but add with a gentle teasing grin, a kind of
older brother to a younger one "ye'd be a father now with little ones
runnin' around an' drivin' Derek crazy when all o' ye were here......"
  
"Do ye think," he asked quietly, again looking at Julia before looking back
at Nick "do ye think she might think that too?"

======

Nick took the sandwich and immediately took a bite. He then listened to
Phillip. "Phillip man, there was no way you could have seen what was about
to happen. No one could, not even Derek. You shouldn't hold yourself
resposible. And besides, she's back with us now."

When he listened to Phillip say that about being a father he started
laughing softly. "It's hard to tell what Julia is thinking" Nick said.





_______________________________________________________
Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/


Reply via email to