Nick took the sandwich and immediately took a bite. He then listened to
Phillip. "Phillip man, there was no way you could have seen what was about
to happen. No one could, not even Derek. You shouldn't hold yourself
resposible. And besides, she's back with us now."
When he listened to Phillip say that about being a father he started
laughing softly. "It's hard to tell what Julia is thinking" Nick said.
Philip nodded once to the part about Julia being back "Aye, she is at tha'."
Then he grinned finished making another sandwich and getting ready to take a
bite but teasing the younger man just because he could "Bu' I remember th'
look on yer face that day ye were puttin' the torch to the sephlicur, Nick.
Had someone pushed ye jus' a little more ye woulda opened tha' thing on my
arse and seen if I could've replaced her."
Then he sobered a little, not sure if Nick would take the tease as it was
meant to be "Sorry, I shouldna make light of the pain you were feelin' then.
Bu' yer right in one thing - she's back. Don't let it pass ye by this time,
eh?
"An' what's so funny? I plan on keepin' a runnin' record of you when it
happens. Talk about a laugh a minute -"