"Yes I did," Kat objected.
____________________________________________________
Kat shook her head at him and giggled a little.
"Maybe something small," Alex said thoughtfully. "I don't know how to break
it to you, but they hate the Luna Foundation functions. I seriously doubt
they'd have much fun at a similar affair for them."
____________________________________________________
Derek actually rolled his eyes at the girl, before adding with a mock
growled whisper "No you didn't, Kat. That's a hint for you to hum or
something as if... as if I said something like Barney or Telle-whatever da
he- they are these days."
Then he looked at Alex, remembering one particular function in New York "I
remember them having a fine time at one of them... of course they left early
after Shirley or what was her name..? tried to throw herself at Nick. We
got a big donation from her dat night. We didn't see them until we got home
here, de next morning."
He turned to study the couple as Julia slipped over to make herself a
sandwich and popped a piece of bread into Nick's mouth and grinning "But
you're right... they would probably like to sneak away or something, have a
dinner at a cook out grill or a barbque place."
He took another bite and swallowed before admitting "That one we went to a
few years back.. with the, erm.. stuffed potato with barbque in it? that was
goot."
He then looked at Alex and pointed out "And I didn't Nick complain too much
about wearing a 'monkey suit' that night... and you ladies stole the show.
Mister Hawkins couldn't stop talking about how he wished he had had the good
sense to be an antiquities dealer just so he could work for us instead of
just donating."
Oh gott... he was rambling. He took another bite of his sandwich and was
determined to finish it and duck out before he really said something
outlandish.