> Derek greeted them both "Julia had to run upstairs.  Said she would be
back
> in a while to have breakfast with Nick and Kat."
>
> He looked at Alyssa and explained further "Her husband and a girl about
your
> age.  Perhaps you would like to join them and meet Kat?"
>
Alyssa climbed back on the stool and looked at him thoughtfully for a
moment.  She liked it better with just the three of them.  Though they were
all still strangers.  "Maybe," she said, but wasn't sure.  "How old is Kat?
I'm six."

"She's eight," Alex told her.  "If you don't think you want to do that, you
can have breakfast with me, but I think those three usually have a really
good time.  You might have fun."  She hoped she could get her to say yes,
but she needed to talk to Derek privately about this situation. "I think
they even watch cartoons, I don't usually do that."

Alyssa had liked Julia, but she just wasn't sure about more new people.
However, she didn't want to upset anyone.  "All right," she said softly as
she turned her empty juice glass around in cirucles.

Alex and Alyssa



Reply via email to