>The Furies nodded once and Julia sat.  Then they looked at the Soulchaser
>"State your case."
>

Standing up, Soulchaser was about to speak when Moncrieff jumped up and interupted.

"If it pleases the court," Moncrieff said quickly.  "We wish to show that James Boyles 
sentence to eternal damnation is not only warrented, but downright necessary.  
Furthermore it is our charge that the escape of the Hunter at the same time was no 
coincidence, but the result of a conspiracy between himself and Mr. Boyle."

Soulchaser looked at Moncrieff as if he had just farted in church.  "Jimmy wasn't 
knowingly covering for the Hunter," he sneered at his partner.  "I know that for sure."

"So do I, S.C.," Moncrieff said.  "I know precislely who was responsible for promting 
Boyle's escape, and if we can't convince them of our defense, you'll be in deeper 
trouble than you were before."

"Son of a bitch," Soulchaser grumbled

Reply via email to