The main difference, which would affect ports up the dependency chain
between your port and mine / Kurt's is hardcoded version in the jar
filename:

$ head -n99 ../sqlite-jdbc/pkg/PLIST ../sqlite-jdbc-mikolaj-v2/pkg/PLIST
==> ../sqlite-jdbc/pkg/PLIST <==
share/java/
share/java/sqlite-jdbc/
share/java/sqlite-jdbc/sqlite-jdbc-${V}.jar

==> ../sqlite-jdbc-mikolaj-v2/pkg/PLIST <==
share/java/
share/java/classes/
share/java/classes/sqlite-jdbc.jar


I in signal-cli don't hardcode the version of the `sqlite-jdbc.jar` file
and I can start signal-cli with -classpath without the need to keep
sqlite-jdbc in sync with signal-cli:

$ pgrep -lf 'java.*signal'
74708 /usr/local/jdk-25/bin/java --enable-native-access=ALL-UNNAMED 
-Dorg.sqlite.lib.path=/usr/local/share/java 
-Dorg.sqlite.lib.name=libsqlitejdbc.so -classpath 
/usr/local/share/java/classes/libsignal-client.jar:/usr/local/share/java/classes/signal-cli.jar:/usr/local/share/java/classes/sqlite-jdbc.jar
 org.asamk.signal.Main daemon --http ...

I'm not sure what is the best practice here. Givien how I am using
sqlite-jdbc.jar I would prefer not to have version hardcoded in the jar
filename.


On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 07:08:13AM +0000, Mikolaj Kucharski wrote:
> Hi Sebastian.
> 
> I got help from Kurt Miller with porting sqlite-jdbc on the beginning of
> the year. See attached tarball with version which I used.
> 
> I didn't test your port with blocked network, but I don't see how you
> solved downloading the components during the build. For me it was a
> challange, how to do it right.
> 
> I like that your port uses libsqlite3 from the system.
> 
> 
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 09:31:07PM +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Attached updated port, now using {} in DISTFILES to prevent subdirectories
> > as suggested by sthen@ for the sleuthkit update.
> > 
> > Sebastian
> > 
> > On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 10:04 AM Sebastian Reitenbach <
> > [email protected]> wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > attached a new port of sqlite-jdbc.
> > >
> > > SQLite JDBC is a library for accessing and creating SQLite database
> > > files in Java.
> > >
> > > I'd need this to get the Java version of autopsy up and running.
> > >
> > > feedback, test etc. welcome.
> > >
> > > Sebastian
> > >

-- 
Regards,
 Mikolaj

Reply via email to