On Sep 25, 2026, at 4:27 PM, Stuart Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On 2026/09/25 21:40, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
>> The only thing I wonder: you install in /usr/local/share/java/classes, 
>> whereas there are other
>> ports, that install in /usr/local/share/java/<portname>, i.e. opencv4.
>> For openjfx and sevenzipjbinding, I chose the <PORTNAME> subdirectory, but 
>> could put them into
>> classes as well. 
>> For autopsy then I have this in the config file:
>> -J-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/sevenzipjbinding:/usr/local/share/java/opencv4:/usr/local/
>> lib 
>> 
>> with everything in classes, it would make it shorter here, but I don't know, 
>> would it pick up
>> stuff it won't need?
> 
> There aren't strictly established standard for packages which
> install .jars, but here are my thoughts:
> 
> Where it's just the one jar, directly installing to
> /usr/local/share/java/classes seems fine (and is what I'd expect).
> 
> If there are a whole stack of classes (especially if they might
> conflict with another port) or a self-contained piece of software
> where it doesn't really make sense to make the jars available
> for other software to use (examples include josm, unifi, ghidra),
> then somewhere outside of /usr/local/share/java/classes seems a
> better idea.

Yes, that is how I see it as well. I’d only add if a jar
or small number of jars are primarily a build depend of other
java ports, I would expect to find them in MODJAVA_JAR_DIR
unversioned.

-Kurt

Reply via email to